These photos were considered for but not used in the transpress book Wellington Transport Memories
A Ford truck on the road to Days Bay in 1916.
Saturday night traffic on Manners Street on 20 April 1957.  A VW Beetle at left and a VW Transporter on the right are the most recent vehicles visible.  The building in the background was demolished in the mid-1980s and replaced with a smaller building known as The Oaks Complex. (courtesy John Wilson)
A grip car of the Wellington Cable Car circa 1976.
W 192 with a Wellington bound excursion train on the harbour shoreline in 1990 (Stu Hammond)
Trolley bus 88 from British United Traction (chassis) + English Electric (motor) from 1964 in the 1970s.
A painting of the new Wellington Railway Station in 1937.
The Wellington Cable Car at the Salamanca stop in the early 1970s.
A Baldwin built WD tank locomotive from 1901 with a mixed train to the Wairarapa near Maymorn circa 1905.
A Harbour Pilot launch on Wellington Harbour with Somes Island in the background in the 1960s.
Two Wellington trams turn from Manners Street into Willis Street in November 1962.
Plenty of smoke and steam in the Lambton Station yard in the 1920s.
A line-up of aircraft on the tarmac of Wellington Airport on the occasion of the airport's opening in October 1959.
The fishing vessel Maimai at Queens Wharf, Wellington, in the early 1960s.
Wellington trams in Crawford Road, Kilbirnie, early 1950s (Oil painting by Wallace Trickett)
In the Wellington railyard a K class and an AB class steam locomotive are seen circa 1932.
How do the street level photo locations used in the book look today?  These Google Earth streetviews are from the approximate standpoints now.

Plimmerton Steyne Avenue Page 38

Ngauranga Gorge page 2

Hobson St posting box Page 26

Thorndon Quay near Featherston Street and Lambton Quay intersection Pages 14-15

Molesworth Street/Lambton Quay Corner Page 28

Featherston Street by Railway Station Page 27

Featherston Street by Defence Dept Page 27

Lambton Quay Saywell Building Page 13

Lambton Quay/Brandon Street corner Page Page 12

Lambton Quay south end Page 12

Customhouse Quay/Lower Willis St  Pages 16, 18-19

Willis Street/Manners Street intersection Page 28

Cuba Street north end Page 56

Courtenay Place tram shelters Page 17

Courtenay Place/Taranaki Street Pages 46, 49

Aro Street Page 25

Kent Terrace north end Pages 22-24

Kent Terrace south end Page 29

Adelaide Road Tramway Hotel, Page 31

Adelaide Road Color Glo Plastic Co.  Page 32

Buckle Street Page 31

Zoo terminus Page 33

Berhampore Luxford Street, Page 32

Hataitai Waitoa Road Page 30

Pirie St tram Page 30. Note that Ellice Ave in the photo was renamed after (Governor General) Arthur Porritt.

Houghton Bay Bell Bus Page 54

Horokiwi Quarry Hutt Road, Page 40

Woburn Bridge (Whites Line East Road) Page 41

Opaki Grassgrub Page 45

Grassgrubs level crossing Page 45

Paekakariki Station Yard (looking north) Page 37

Paekakariki Station yard (looking south-west)  Page 36

The model of Standard railcar RM 35 Tikitere in Te Papa (Adobe flash file).  Page 37. Note that some NZ Railfan magazines have described the livery as "White with a Green stripe", however, this is probably due to its depiction as such in a notoriously inaccurate book of locomotive drawings by Eric Heath.  It is actually silver with a green stripe.

Book errata

Page 26, line 6, “1902” should be “1901”

Page 32, line 3, “Berampore” should be “Berhampore”

Page 44, line 4 of second caption, “1937” should be “1938”

Page 41, line 11, "right” should “left”
A photo taken at the intersection of Chaytor Street, Northland Tunnel Road and Birdwood Street (on left) not long after the photo on page 26 of the book.
The trans-Tasman ferry Monowai about to leave Queens Wharf for Sydney in the 1950s. (Vic Young)
Wairarapa type railcar RM7 from 1936 is seen approaching Kaitoke Station from the north in 1955.  A car from the same period is on the neighbouring road. (Derek Cross)
A Wairarapa type railcar from 1936 headed for Wellington clatters across the level crossing at the intersection of Hutt Road and Petone Esplanade in 1949.  The connecting branch along the foreshore was a 900 metre private spur line to the Gear Meat factory, which in turn was part of a private 3 km branch to the Hutt Park raceway, stopping at the Hutt River, until 1905.  One notes that the factory in the foreground has a railway siding leading into it.  Before the Hutt Valley lines were electrified in 1954-1955, this level crossing was replaced with an overbridge. (click for larger view)
A mid to late 1960s view of the Cable Car.  A ship can be seen berthed at the waterfront in an area that is today Frank Kitts park.
A 6-car electric multiple unit train for Upper Hutt departs from Trentham Station - well known to horse racing punters - on 21 July 1973.
A Fiat railcar from the Wairarapa arrives at Wellington station in early 1976.