When introduced in New Zealand in 1954, Volkswagen took the motoring public by storm and quickly became the best selling non-British make of car in New Zealand. Today it is the best-selling European brand in NZ.
This book looks at the history of the cars and vans, the people who were involved with assembling and distributing them, those who have been involved as restorers and enthusiasts, and the various types and models of VW that have been used in NZ from 1954 to the present. A book full of history, nostalgia and fun.
176 pages in A4 portrait format, 47,000 words, 206 colour photos/illustrations and 130 in b/w, hardcover with jacket
Weight: 994 grams
1. Development of the Beetle & Transporter
2. Jowett Motors, VW Motors & Motor Holdings
3. Assembly at Otahuhu
4. Dealers and servicing of air-cooled VWs
5. European Motor Distributors
6. The Golf
7. New models to New Zealand, dealers and servicing